I believe that I have mentioned that A and I are trying to get healthy this year and finally making smart decisions. We are trying to make this a family event getting more fruit and vegetables into the boys, and cutting way back on sugars, salt and all processed foods. After a couple of months our bodies are beginning to show off our choices and people are noticing which means that people are asking, but I have decided it is such a HUGE answer. My initial response is always "We are changing how we eat", but that doesn't cover half of it. We are making choices that we hope to still be making 10, 15, 50 years from now. We are loving the slimming waist lines and we admit that we both have numbered goals that we are trying to reach, but more importantly we are trying to be the healthiest that we can be.
Too many years ago I did WW's and I lost weight, I worked out, and I felt pretty good, but I allowed myself to manipulate the points so that I could have cookies, cakes, etc... when I wanted it,and more than I needed, but to do that I had to cut out more nutritious foods to stay with in my points. Now I am learning to take the treats for special occasions, but to build my day to day food upon the most nutritious foods I can. GREEN VEGETABLES and fruit and beans and nuts. Anyway, I have so much more energy, I am full, when I want a treat I don't guilt trip myself I have a small treat and move on. I love how I feel and the figure doesn't hurt.
Life is worth living and I want to live it to the fullest for my husband, my children and most importantly for MYSELF!
1 comment:
You are AWESOME!!! I too am trying to make lifestyle changes. I think it takes some time, but it will be a blessing overall!! You are truly an amazing woman. I miss you!
Post a Comment