Since January, A and I are 1-trying to eat better and get healthy (lose weight) all those things that we should do. 2- this involves cooking and eating more fruit and veg.
I will admit that since Bug was born I got really lazy in the kitchen and we started eating out several times a week, since January we have tried to keep our eating out to a single time each month and for more special reasons. We have succeeded so far. The biggest struggle has been getting into the kitchen and being able to actually make the food. It always seems like the moment I think its time to cook the boys have breakdowns and need me more than they did all day. However we reached a new level this past week. While making dinner I consciencly thought, wow both boys are playing and happy and here is Baba sitting on the floor next to me content as can be, dinner prep went off without a hitch. LOVELY!!!
So in that light I am going to add some pictures of the Ratatouille I made last week and then the spinach that I blanched for freezing over the weekend. I love good food, especially if it is colorful, it just makes eating it that much more enjoyable.
 |
| served with wild rice blend |
 |
| fresh spinach |
 |
| boiling for 2 minutes |
 |
| icing for 2 minutes |
 |
| ready for freezing! |
1 comment:
mmm...that ratatouille looks delish! You're doing a much better job with this than I am. Keep up the good work and when I'm all settled in KS I'll definitely be picking your brain for recipes and tips!
Post a Comment