Saturday, November 9

Bug is 5

I cant believe that Bug is already 5.

He is still all boy, he loves firemen and construction trucks. I likes to dig in the sandbox and takes charge (when the others will let him).  He and Baba still wrestle a lot and he can't seem sit still for very long. He likes to climb on all the furniture and jump off everything that stays still long enough.

He has really grown up in the last few months, he loves helping and has started to actually be helpful by knowing what he needs to do.  He watches over his brother and sister and can often be heard telling them what to do. (I'm afraid he takes after his mother). He still has to be reminded sometimes but he likes to make his bed and get himself dressed in the morning. He gets a little emotional at times (also like his mother) and would prefer to sleep on our bed at night, but we are working on those things.

He loves school and has started counting correctly for us often, he likes to try and tell us the time and recognizes bed time on the face clock if nothing else. He loves stories and songs and will sing when no one is listening.

He and I but heads a lot, but I love this amazing spirit in my life.

Sadly Bug woke up to a fever and coughs instead of excitement and joy. He had to stay home from school and it was pretty much a rest on the couch day, but he still knew it was his b day so he chose dinner for the day soup and quesadillas and he got to open his presents and blow out candles on the cake. He got a set of the bug Legos and several books and he was happy. The Legos have been awesome he has been willing to share with his brother and sister and everyone can build and they don't topple over too often.

Cake (I still have the philosophy that cake should taste amazing and it doesn't matter what it looks like but I have enjoyed decorating  for the b days and so once again I went all out. We found the design on Facebook but i took my own counsel for the actual cake and fulling. I did make the piggies out of marzipan it was fun. We shared with some friends and they said it tasted pretty good. I'm bias of course and it was darn rich!)



No comments: