Thursday, August 15

Ragnar

All I can say is it has been a busy summer for me, which actually means a busy summer for everyone else because they all have to balance half or more of my normal load.  

First off RAGNAR,  bucket list check, and do I want to do it again, yes, but I am thinking i can try the different races, not do the same one again, even though its the closest to home.

I had a great time training, I started back in December and it took me the entire time to get there, but I did good for myself, and I want to keep getting better. We had a mixed group of 6 women and 6 men, so we segregated our selves and had a jolly good time visiting as girls, and doing whatever men do when they are together for 36 hours in tight quarters.

As a team we met the team expected time, and I believe everyone who ran met their personal goals with each leg.  It really was a blast and I'd recommend it any time.
Completing
 leg 1
Team van

Running leg 1

Hand off  for leg 2


There were so many fun things about this event, but here are my top five:
5) A little bit of me time 
4) Getting to know these amazing women, especially my cousin Kaylene. and cheering on the men.
3) Seeing all that beautiful back country
2) Pushing myself harder then I have in a long time
1) SURVIVING!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well done!! you look great!